August 28, 2008

How We Found Out...

We were pretty much suspicious that I could possibly be pregnant from the usual signs of pregnancy. Fatigue, very irritable, really emotional (sorry stevie), backaches, headaches, abdominal pain and some other symptoms I don't really care to mention.

Steve knew something was up when I was literally crying because I was hungry.

So we went to the store to get one of those take-home tests. In a way I didn't want to know just yet. If I was pregnant I would feel not ready but if I wasn't pregnant I would be disappointed... (?!) I was content just not knowing...

Well I sneaked into the bathroom while Stevie was watching the Olympics and did the whole drill (you all know what that goes!) and what I saw was a plain NEGATIVE! I looked and felt a sigh of relief but definite disappointment. I picked it up again a couple minutes later to find a VERY LIGHT vertical line forming a positive. I squinted my eyes and blinked a million times per second to make sure I was seeing it right and ran to tell Stevie. It was very emotional.. for both of us.

Sure enough I was in fact pregnant. I even tested again @ 4 a.m. We ran to Walmart to get the famous book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and then went to Denny's to celebrate! (My favorite Cheesecake tasted like dirt!) Bummer! My 12 week appointment is on Oct 14th.. we'll see what happens! Any advice?!

9 Comments:

angied said...

i am so excited for you!!

Lloyd Family said...

YEAH!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on little Tommy/Gracie :)

Amy said...

CONGRATS!!

Jacob Jen n Behlie said...

YEAH!!! Congrats!! The only advice i would give you is to just enjoy every minute of it!! The 9 months goes by so fast and when that baby is not "in" you any more you will miss feeling that baby. Congrats again!! I am so happy for you!!

Breanne said...

Congrats Julie, we are so excited for you guys!

Deffinately Mabey said...

There is nothing better than being a mom! It awesome and i'm so excited for you. We really should get together and have lunch some time.

Josh said...

All I can say is, Boo Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

{K} said...

Aw, congrats again!! I love hearing these stories! I think my positive pregnancy test was the most memorialble moment of my life to date!

{K} said...

(pardon my spelling I can't spell "memorialble" to save my life. haha)